The Community Grant Scheme is being administered on behalf of the Royal Company on Merchants by Foundation Scotland. To find out further information on the grant fund and to apply please visit the Foundation Scotland website via the link below.
|Grant size||Up to £5,000|
|Area||City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian|
|Decisions Expected:||December 2023|
|Future Deadlines:||This programme will reopen for applications in February 2024, with decisions expected in June 2024.|
About this fund
The The Royal Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh Community Grants Fund is an extension of their charitable work and aims to support not-for-profit organisations working in the following themes:
- Social needs
- Social Enterprise
- Culture and the Arts
Purpose of this fund
The Royal Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh are investing up to £25,000 per round through the Community Grants Fund into supporting groups and organisations primarily located in Edinburgh City, Midlothian, East Lothian, or West Lothian and who are working across one or more of the listed themes. While equality and diversity is not a listed theme, it is expected that this will be an overarching consequence. Projects should be of general benefit to Edinburgh and the Lothians and the economic environment with priority given to projects where the funding will be a real needle mover. Applications are invited for grants up to £5,000.
Who can apply?
- Registered charities
- Constituted voluntary and community organisations
- Community companies e.g. companies limited by guarantee, community benefit societies or Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations’
- Community Interest Companies are eligible to apply if they meet the Fund’s minimum governance standards
All applicants must meet Foundation Scotland’s funding criteria. Before progressing your application please visit Foundation Scotland’s Common eligibility criteria.
What can’t be funded?
In addition, The Royal Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh Community Grants Fund cannot process applications for:
- Groups with an income of over £250,000 in the last financial year
- Groups who do not have charitable aims
- Groups who are not primarily located in Edinburgh City, Midlothian, East Lothian or West Lothian
- Core salary costs or overhead costs unless a proportion is directly related to the project
- Purchase of second hand vehicles
How are decisions made?
Funding decisions are recommended by The Royal Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh Committee Panel with final approval from the Endowments Trust Committee, supported by Foundation Scotland. Decision meetings will take place in June and December each year.
If you have any questions regarding the fund please contact:
Linda Phillips, Funds Adviser